2017 Season Preview – North America
Glass Lewis presents a preview of the upcoming 2017 proxy season for the United States and Canadian markets. Senior members of the Glass Lewis research team discuss key topics and expectations for the 2017 proxy season, including company engagement, corporate governance, executive compensation and environmental & social matters.
You can also read a summary of what to look for in our North America Season Preview Briefing here.
- Kern McPherson – Senior Director of North American Research
- Greg Waters – Director of North American Research
- Courteney Keatinge – Director of Environmental, Social & Governance Research
- Julian Hamud – Manager of Executive Compensation Research
- Introductions [00:15]
- Overview of Glass Lewis Engagement in 2016 [01:17]
- Board Refreshment and Diversity [04:58]
- United States: Corporate Governance policy updates for 2017 [08:27]
- Canada: Policy updates for 2017 [12:27]
- Shareholder Initiatives: Trends for 2017 [13:45]
- Shareholder Initiatives: Policy updates for 2017 [20:54]
- Integration of Sustainalytics data into Glass Lewis proxy papers [21:51]
- Executive Compensation: Marketplace trends [23:21]
- Executive Compensation: Policy updates for 2017 [29:05]
- Updates to Glass Lewis equity plan analysis for 2017 [30:40]
- Wrap-up and Glass Lewis issuer portal [32:01]
View the podcast here:
Access the PPT deck here: 2017 Glass Lewis Proxy Season Preview – North America.ppt
Glass Lewis clients please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your client service manager.
Corporate issuers can submit inquiries via our Issuer Portal at www.glasslewis.com/issuer-overview. You can also links to Glass Lewis policy guidelines, FAQs, report questions or errors, request an engagement meeting with the Glass Lewis research team, or purchase a Proxy Paper.
© 2019 Glass, Lewis & Co., and/or its affiliates. All Rights Reserved.
This blog is for informational purposes only and is updated periodically to keep Glass Lewis' clients and other interested parties informed of current corporate governance developments and regulatory trends. The information contained herein should not be construed as legal or investment advice. Glass Lewis analyzes issues it believes may be of interest to its subscribers and makes recommendations as to how Glass Lewis believes institutional shareholders should approach such issues. While Glass Lewis may mention certain companies in its blog postings, Glass Lewis never comments on the investment merits of the securities issued by the subject companies. Therefore, none of the information posted through this blog should be construed as a recommendation to invest in, purchase, or sell any securities or other property. All recommendations stated herein must be construed solely as statements of opinion, and not as statements of fact, and may be revised based on additional information or any other reason at any time.
The information contained in each blog posting is based on publicly available information. While Glass Lewis exercises reasonable care to ensure that all information included in this blog is accurate and is obtained from sources believed to be reliable, no representations or warranties express or implied, are made as to the accuracy or completeness of any information included herein. In addition, Glass Lewis shall not be liable for any losses or damages arising from or in connection with the information contained herein or the use or inability to use any such information.
Glass Lewis expects readers of its blog possess sufficient experience and knowledge to make their own decisions entirely independent of any information contained in Glass Lewis’ blog postings. Subscribers are ultimately and solely responsible for making their own decisions. This blog is intended to serve as a complementary source of information and analysis for subscribers in making their own decisions and therefore should not be relied on by subscribers as the sole determinant in making decisions.